Monday 3 October 2016

Thoughts on September



September was actually a really good month for me. It's usually around this time of year that I start to feel a bit low and tend to have a hard time getting myself out of the funk but for some reason, this year has been completely different. 

At the end of August I attended my cousin's wedding and was asked if Caitlin and I could perform her first dance song - which we obviously agreed to (I love first dances and nerves aside, it was really special to be a part of their day). Leading up to performing, I was feeling quite nervous because I've never really played in front of my family and this gig was kind of a big deal... 


I found myself snapping at my Mum, sisters and Rob which wasn't the nicest feeling in the world. I put it down to the nerves and tried to talk to myself (in my head, I think I would have looked a bit nuts otherwise) to calm myself down. And surprisingly, it worked. For the first time in my life, not one thing for the rest of the day stressed me out. Since then, I've actively noticed how calm I've felt and apart from the odd few slip ups, I've been mostly calm and relaxed. 

I'm not sure if this is just a part of growing up, but I find it funny that I can pinpoint the exact moment where I feel my attitude towards life changed. And you know what, it's been really nice not stressing out about everything! My drive to work is nicer, life at home is easier and thank the Lord, I've not bitten Rob's head off every time he bugs me.

Talking of Rob, it was his birthday at the beginning of the month. We had some friends come up to stay; camping in Rob's garden seemed like the best option! It was so much fun waking up with the sun blaring into the tent and all our friends in tents around us, like a mini festival. I used to hate camping but with this being the second successful "camping" experience, I feel like I might come round to the idea again. (Above picture is Tom and I playing Pokemon, as you do at ages 22 & 24).

We're going back to Meribel at the end of November to do our second ski season and I'm actually really excited this time. As I'd never been skiing in my life the first time we set out to The Alps, I understandably felt quite apprehensive about spending 5 months living and working in the mountains. This time feels so much different because I know what the job entails, I know how to ski and I'm aware of what things I'll miss when it's over, and what things won't matter when they're done. 


Thanks September, you've been really great. October, I'm looking forward to what you have in store for me.



post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment