Saturday 18 October 2014

CURRENT BEAUTY ESSENTIALS



When the weather starts getting colder, I find that my skin becomes a bit dull and dry, the wind sends my hair into a knotty craze and my lips are so chapped it's unbearable. So I put together the products I constantly reach out for when I need to give myself a little bit of TLC.


Superdrug's Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser (£4.99) works perfectly to remove my makeup at the end of the day and any pollution and grime that's collected on my skin during the day. I've tried the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish before and whilst this is definitely a dupe for it, I much prefer the price (£10 cheaper, can't say no) and I wasn't a massive fan of the scent of the Liz Earle cleanser, whereas Superdrug's version doesn't have a scent. The muslin cloth that comes with the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish is a lot softer than the cloth that comes with the Superdrug cleanser but who am I to complain when I only buy this twice a year? I use this everyday, twice a day and it just never seems to end.

I picked up the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Radiance Revealing Exfoliator (£4.49) on a complete whim last New Years Eve just before Superdrug was shutting. I was in need of a gentle exfoliator that didn't dry out my skin, but left it feeling smooth and refreshed. Man, am I glad I grabbed this one. I usually use it just before I get in the shower so I can wash it all off properly without any hassle, or in desperate times when my skin is feeling a bit lacklustre. It refreshes my skin, smoothes the surface and as it promises; doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. Also, I haven't had to repurchase this since I bought it initially on New Years Eve, so a massive thumbs up for this happy little accident!

Before my holiday this summer, I wanted a moisturiser that would cool my skin and also deeply nourish it. My Mum actually suggested Garnier Fresh Essentials 24hr Hydrating Day Cream (£4.99) and whilst I wouldn't say it provides 24 hours of hydration, it does cool down the skin and leaves it feeling nourished. It sinks in quickly, so if I'm in a rush in the mornings I don't have to hang about for it to sink in before applying my make-up and if I'm REALLY in a rush, it brightens the skin slightly so I don't feel too bad for going out barefaced.

I was a big fan of Chapstick when I was younger, but through over use and it's scent being incredibly similar to Sourz, I decided I needed a new lip balm. Nivea Lip Care Essential (£1.65) is my go to lip balm now, I love how it sinks into the lips but still leaves a shine so I can feel the product when I rub my lips together. To me, I find it helps to feel the product on your lips so you know when it's time to reapply more. I'm usually a sucker for anything with Honey, Milk or Shea Butter in when it comes to lip balms, but there's something about the simplicity of this product that I just love. It's helped my lips recover from a cracked, chapped mess in less than a week and lasts for quite a while.

The last of my essentials is the Tangle Teezer Compact Styler in Gold Rush (£12.25). My hairdresser used this on my hair just after she had washed it and I have never had my wet hair brushed so quickly. I have very long, thick hair and wind is the bane of my life; one gust of wind generates a million knots and I just cannot deal with that. This brushes through my hair with so much ease and whenever I go back to my old brush, it feels like double the effort. My favourite thing about this brush it it's size, I can throw this in my bag without it taking up much room and brush my locks all day long, at home and out. Plus, I'm a huge fan of all the colour choices but I was like a Magpie with the gold version (which you can see me in, oh hey!). All around winner.


Are you a fan of any of these products?

No comments :

Post a Comment